NanoSteel is the world leader in proprietary nano-structured steel material designs. Over its ten-year history, NanoSteel has created progressive generations of iron-based alloys from surface coatings to monolithic steel. For the oil & gas, mining and power industries, NanoSteel has successfully introduced commercial applications of metallic coatings to prolong service lifetime in the most extreme industrial environments. For the automotive industry, NanoSteel has achieved a significant breakthrough in the development of nano-structured sheet steel with exceptional strength and ductility. NanoSteel is a privately held company funded by lead shareholders EnerTech and Fairhaven Capital.
The future of steel is evolving, fueled in part by contributions of companies such as NanoSteel. Our well established record of innovation, award-winning products, quality and service include:
- Technology and design expertise based on more than 50 years of leadership in metallurgy, nano-structured alloy design and product commercialization
- Breakthrough sheet steel alloy designs providing automakers the ability to lightweight vehicles using thinner gauges of higher strength steel
- Extreme wear applications in the mining industry where NanoSteel’s nanostructured alloys for weld overlay have remained in service more than 400% longer than conventional alloys
- Recent foil, powder metallurgy and sheet steel product development leveraging breakthrough in bulk technology
- On-going investment in research & development supported by an extensive intellectual property portfolio which includes more than 200 licenses, patents and patents pending
- Commitment to quality represented by extensive qualification and validation tests on new designs and manufacturing lots
- Worldwide distribution and sales channels
- Five R&D 100 Awards since 2001 recognizing nano-structured alloy designs for applications ranging from metallic coatings to a new class of nano-structured stainless steels
With this time-tested approach and proven track record, NanoSteel continues to meet the design, consistency and quality requirements to successfully expand the use of nano-structured steels in myriad industries.